- 2015 – ongoing: PhD in ant genomics, QMUL. Supervisors: Dr Yannick Wurm and Dr Max Reuter. NERC-funded Doctoral Training Programme.
- 2013 - 2014: MRes Biosystematics at Imperial College London & Natural History Museum, London (NHM).
- 2008 - 2011: BSc Environmental Sciences at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford 1st Class (Hons).
- Bioinformatics skills tailored for statistics and variant calling. Depending on needs, analyses conducted on my own computer or high performance computer:
- R statistical package
- Version control system
- De novo genome assembly
- Variant calling
- Population genomics
- Wet lab skills tailored for sequencing (short and long reads). Depending on needs, I follow established protocols/kits, or design my own:
- DNA extraction and QC
- Primer selection
- Library preparation for microsatellite and whole-genome sequencing (Illumina and MinION)
Talks & posters
- Sept 2018: invited talk for Ramírez’s group, UC Davis, California (USA)
- Sept 2018: invited talk at Social Insect Research Group, Arizona State University, Arizona (USA)
- Sept 2018: talk at NERC DTP conference A Changing Planet, in London
- Aug 2018: poster at joint ESEB and Evolution conference, in Montpellier (France)
- Aug 2018: talk at IUSSI Brazil, in Guaruja (Brazil)
- Mar 2018: invited talk for the UCL GEE Seminar, in London
- Aug 2017: poster at ESEB congress, in Groningen (Netherlands)
- June 2017: talk at Evolution conference, in Portland, Oregon (USA)
- Feb 2017: poster at QMUL SBCS Postgraduate Symposium, in London
- Jan 2017: talk at PopGroup, in Cambridge
- Dec 2016: talk at North-West section of IUSSI Winter Meeting, in London
- Sept 2016: poster at NERC DTP conference Perspectives on Environmental Change, in London
Grants, honours & awards
- 2018: QMUL PostGraduate Research Fund for Arizona & California fieldtrip - £1200
- 2018: IUSSI North-Western Section grant to organise a symposium at IUSSI Brazil – £1000
- 2018: Royal Entomological Society grant to organise a symposium at IUSSI Brazil - £450
- 2018: Royal Society of Biology grant to organise a symposium at IUSSI Brazil - £500 PDF report
- 2017: Genetics Society grant to give a talk at PopGroup - £150
- 2017: Genetics Society grant to present a poster at ESEB - £624
- 2015: PhD Scholarship from London NERC DTP - £7500
- 2014: Royal Entomological Society grant to present a poster at 2nd Young Natural History Scientists’ Meeting (2014, France)
- 2013: Scholarship awarded from Entente Cordiale (Masters of Research)
- 2013: Study grant from Ruby and Will George Trust (Masters of Research)
- Sept 2016 - Ongoing: Teaching assistant for 8 cohorts of QMUL Undergraduates and Masters classes, including Fieldwork (Tropical Ecology in South Africa), Bioinformatics (R Basics, Advanced R, Bash for Genomics), Basic Biology lab skills (dilution, microscopy, PCR).
- Dec 2017: Lecturer during Undergraduate Tropical Ecology Module in South Africa (Wildlife and Human Interactions)
- Jan - Aug 2017: Design and Supervising Master student project. With Gino Brignoli, focussing on social organisation of yellow meadow ants, involving fieldwork and genetic analyses.
- 2018: QMUL Festival of Communities in London
- 2017: Science SoapBoax volunteer in Brighton
- 2014: NHM Researchers’ Night in London
- 2013: NHM Big Nature Day in London
Collaborative Project Organisation
- 2018: Organising the QMUL Festival of Communities outreach day among a small team of PhD students, specialising in equipment, transport, people logistics.
- 2017 – 18: Leading our conference committee to organise a symposium during the international congress IUSSI Brazil, specialising in writing symposium abstract, selecting and reaching out to all speakers including keynote speaker, co-chairing the symposium.
- 2016 – ongoing: Leading our monthly review of published articles, in which each lab member is responsible to summarise 3 journals’ current issue.
Learned societies member since
- 2015: International Union for the Study of Social Insects
- 2016: Genetics Society
- 2016: Royal Entomological Society
- 2017: European Society of Evolutionary Biology
- 2018: Society of Systematics Biologists
- 2019: Society of Molecular Biology and Evolution
More details on LinkedIn